New York City’s Administration for Children’s Services is committed to providing professional development support to all interested ACS employees. We demonstrate our commitment to education by supporting staff who are interested in pursuing their undergraduate or graduate-level studies at accredited colleges and universities affiliated with ACS in N.Y. State while maintaining their employment. The Professional Development Program (PDP) provides all levels of support to ACS employees who are considering or actively pursuing undergraduate or graduate-level studies.
The Professional Development Program is associated with these participating colleges and universities.
PDP Educational Support Services
The following PDP educational support services are available to eligible Workforce Institute employees:
- Individual and group coaching and support throughout your educational journey.
- Assistance with practicum/internships applying to colleges and universities.
- Negotiation of agency-approved release time for graduate-level students to attend classes.
- Assistance with practicum/Internships for employees pursuing their MSW degree.
- Capstone support and advisement.
ACS Scholarship Program
PDP administers the ACS Scholarship Program, which is comprised of the Dr. James R. Dumpson Scholarship for graduate-level studies and the Nicholas Scoppetta Scholarship for undergraduate-level studies. We also support the continued professional development of licensed social workers at ACS and provider agencies.
Eligible undergraduate programs include B.A. or B.S. in Social Work, Youth Studies, Human Services, and/or equivalent and relevant degrees. Eligible graduate programs include Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Public Administration (MPA), Master in Youth Studies, Master of Public Policy, Master of Urban Policy Analysis and Management, or an approved equivalent.
Get In Touch
For additional information, please email the PDP at email@example.com.
The ACS Workforce Institute’s Professional Development Program is committed to supporting the professional development of social workers and staff members by providing the following professional development opportunities:
- LMSW test prep workshops
- Continuing education opportunities
- Writing and interviewing workshops
- Supervision in Field Education (SIFI)