These learning programs are a series of workshops that highlight the five coaching skills: presence and listening, reflecting/clarifying, questioning, and feedback, and accountability. Learners practice each skill to gain proficiency and confidence in using the coach approach with their staff. Learners have the opportunity to engage in a variety of discussions, activities and practice sessions that promote and support mastery of the coaching skills. The Skill Refreshers constitute Phase I of the Advanced Coaching program. Completion of all five Skill Refreshers qualifies learners to move on to Phase II of the Advanced Coaching program. Before attending this instructor-led training, learners must complete all course prerequisites listed below.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and managers working in Child Welfare or Juvenile Justice.
- Continue practicing the coaching skills.
- Receive in-the-moment feedback and support from facilitators.
- Increase their confidence and proficiency in using the coaching skills in their daily practice.
Prior to attending this course, learners are required to have completed:
- All components of the Building Coaching Competency learning program (instructor-led or virtual) OR the instructor-led Building Coaching Competency for Senior Administrators course.
- At least one course within the Building Coaching Competency: Coaching Collaboratives learning program (virtual or instructor-led).
Once enrolled in the course, learners will complete a two-hour, instructor-led workshop for each Skill Refresher. Completion of all components is necessary to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Continuing Education Units
There are no CEUs associated with this course.
Register for this course by logging in to Cornerstone, browse for the course name and complete all information. For more information about the ACS Workforce Institute, please contact the Help Desk at WIhelpdesk@acs.nyc.gov or call (212) 748-1898.