This learning program is an interactive experience that includes videos, team and individual activities, discussions, games, and reflections to examine best practice coaching scenarios and the skills demonstrated within them. Additionally, learners have the opportunity to further self-assess their understanding of the coaching skills and coaching process by answering a series of knowledge-based and immersive questions. The instructor-led workshop is an alternative to the Advanced Coaching: Phase II eLearning training. Before attending this instructor-led training, learners must complete all course prerequisites listed below.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and managers working in Child Welfare or Juvenile Justice.
- Deepen their understanding of the coaching process by watching best-case practice examples and gain practice through immersive experiences.
- Self-assess their understanding of the coaching skills and how they are used in the coaching process.
- Self-identify areas of strength and/or development in utilizing the coaching skills and coaching process to better support their professional development.
Prior to attending this course, learners are required to have completed:
- The Building Coaching Competency learning program offered through the ACS Workforce Institute (instructor-led or virtual).
- All components of the Advanced Coaching Program Phase I: Skill Refresher Series (instructor-led or virtual).
Once enrolled in the course, learners will complete:
- An online pre-test.
- A one-day, instructor-led workshop.
- An online post-test.
Completion of all components is necessary to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Continuing Education Units
There are no CEUs associated with this course.
Register for this course by logging in to Cornerstone, browse for the course name and complete all information. For more information about the ACS Workforce Institute, please contact the Help Desk at WIhelpdesk@acs.nyc.gov or call (212) 748-1898.