This learning program introduces supervisors to coaching strategies they can integrate into their supervisory practice. During this learning program, learners are trained in the practical application of the six coaching skills and six coaching steps that have been adapted from the coaching approach of the Atlantic Coast Child Welfare Implementation Center Before attending this instructor-led training, learners must complete an online pre-test and an eLearning course.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors and managers working in Family Court Legal Services (FCLS) or anyone who has the responsibility to guide and continually improve performance of staff.
- Practice effective strategies to create a collaborative, strengths-based culture to support their staff.
- Be trained how to integrate coaching strategies into supervision to build confidence, boost morale and encourage critical thinking skills among staff members.
- Be introduced to skills and concepts that contribute to the long-term professional development of supervisors and staff.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Once enrolled in the course, learners will complete:
- An online pre-test.
- A 30-minute eLearning course.
- A two-day, instructor-led workshop.
- An online post-test.
Completion of all components is necessary to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Continuing Education Units
The New York City Administration for Children’s Services is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0402. This course is 14 contact hours/1.4 CEUs. CEU credit is contingent upon completion of all course components.
Register for this course by logging in to Cornerstone, browse for the course name and complete all information. For more information about the ACS Workforce Institute, please contact the Help Desk at WIhelpdesk@acs.nyc.gov or call (212) 748-1898.