This eLearning program prepares learners to navigate the Child Trafficking Database (CTDB), an electronic tool used to assess youth who may be at risk for sex trafficking. Learners will explore the purpose and practical application of the federal, state and New York City assessment, reporting and documentation mandates that protect potential victims. During this training, learners use demonstrations, guided practice and a case scenario to practice the steps needed to complete a sex trafficking screening. Before attending this eLearning training, learners must complete an online pre-test.
Who Should Attend?
All ACS and provider agency direct service and supervisory staff working directly with children aged 18 and younger.
- Be able to understand the importance of the CTDB in the assessment, reporting and documentation of youth who may be at risk for sex trafficking.
- Be trained to complete the steps necessary to conduct a proper sex trafficking screening.
- Be able to identify and select sex trafficking indicators and the corresponding youth service needs.
- Recognize when law enforcement must be notified and the required follow-up procedures.
- Become familiar with the services and resources provided by ACS’ Office of Child Trafficking Prevention and Policy (OCTPP)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Once enrolled in the course, learners will complete an online pre-test, a one-hour eLearning course and online post-test. Completion of all components is necessary to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Continuing Education Units
There are no CEUs associated with this course.
Recommended Supplemental Course
NYC’s Child Welfare Trafficking Policy and Screening Children for Sex Trafficking in ACS’ Child Trafficking Database (CTDB) provides an overview of child trafficking, a policy walk-through and the CTDB screening process, including live demonstration. This training is offered by ACS’ Office of Child Trafficking Prevention and Policy and is available for registration in the Human Services Learning Center (HSLC) or through direct Webex link. Email Traffickingtraining@acs.nyc.gov for details. Together, these courses support learners in navigating the Child Trafficking Database.
Register for this course by logging in to Cornerstone, browse for the course name and complete all information. For more information about the ACS Workforce Institute, please contact the Help Desk at WIhelpdesk@acs.nyc.gov or call (212) 748-1898.