About Supervisory Core
This learning program is comprised of four days of instructor-led training to help participants build discrete administrative, supportive and educational skills to effectively lead, manage, and support their teams. This program also includes one day of simulations where participants demonstrate learned skills via immersive simulations. This global foundational program is applicable for supervisors working in Child Protection, Foster Care and Preventive Services.
Who Should Attend?
Supervisors working in Child Protection, Foster Care and Preventive Services.
Benefits of the Program
- Identify roles, responsibilities, and expectations of a supervisor.
- Identify what is required to manage the workflow and workforce of a child welfare team.
- Build a culture of purpose, motivation, and collaboration through effective leadership skills.
- Ensure that casework achieves the mission and goals of ACS and that work is completed accurately and within timelines.
- Support the development, well-being, and safety of your team.
There are no prerequisites required to take this course.
Once enrolled in the course, learners will be asked to complete:
- A 5-day segment, which is applicable to all supervisors.
- An additional 2-day session that focuses on the specific divisions’ requirements and activities.
Completion of all components is necessary to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Continuing Education Units
There are no CEUs associated with this course.