This eLearning program teaches strategies to identify and contend with unconscious judgments. This eLearning program examines how, left unaddressed, implicit bias can influence decision making and lead to outcomes that deny other people opportunities and contribute to inequality. Before attending this eLearning training, learners must complete an online pre-test.
Who Should Attend?
All levels of staff working in Child Protection, Juvenile Justice, Prevention or Foster Care services, and provider agencies.
- Have examined the link between internalized oppression, implicit bias and microaggressions.
- Be trained how to have effective conversations regarding implicit bias with peers.
- Be able to evaluate how implicit bias and microaggressions contribute to a stressful work environment.
- Be trained in appropriate strategies to reduce implicit bias.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Once enrolled in the course, learners will complete:
- An online pre-test.
- A 1.5-hour eLearning course.
- An online post-test.
Completion of all components is necessary to receive a Certificate of Completion. Associated resources and documents to support learning will be available.
Continuing Education Units
The New York City Administration for Children’s Services is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0402. This course is 1.5 contact hours/0.15 CEUs. CEU credit is contingent upon completion of all course components.
Register for this course by logging in to Cornerstone, browse for the course name and complete all information. For more information about the ACS Workforce Institute, please contact the Help Desk at WIhelpdesk@acs.nyc.gov or call (212) 748-1898.